SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, September 29, 2024

Bucket List Felix (Lily) Waller

I hold onto many goals for my future success and fulfillment of life, and to greater my chances of accomplishing my goals. I hope to graduate from the SAU Honors College. In order to graduate I will have to keep my grades up. That will require much individual effort; a characteristic that will benefit me greatly in a future career. 

I have multiple careers in mind for my future, and I hope to score at least one. I would love to be a game developer (my current major),  a computer programmer, an animator, or a toy designer. That way I could inform the world of matters I find important, while still entertaining others. My dream companies to work with are ItemLabel, Sega, Gamefreak, or Nintendo. 

With a career in hand, I hope to have enough money to support myself, as well as enjoy life’s sights. I aspire to travel to Japan and savor its authentic food, visit the Ghibli Museum, Pokémon Center, Japanese arcades, and perhaps party at a Nyango Star concert. Finland would be a nice place to visit as well, where I could learn more about the history of Moomin– a comic and animated series that is one of my greatest inspirations. I also aim to move to Scotland, and live in a calm, pretty environment with free healthcare. 

As a transgender person, I dream to eventually get gender affirming care, and live in an environment where I feel safe and comfortable. Scotland would fit both of these parameters currently, but I am not limiting myself to only Scotland. In my future home, I do not ever plan to have children, but instead take care of a few cats (1-4), and I hope I can sustain the financial ability to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment