SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Friday, September 27, 2024

Bucket List Riley Olsen

Throughout my first year of college, I plan to make the Dean’s list and settle into life away from home.  I am currently settling on what degree I truly wish to seek; I have a list of degrees and my reasons for choosing them. That task is currently in the works and I hope to finish it by the end of my freshman year.  Then I will choose a major. 

 

I am currently looking to establish a club here for board and card games at Southern Arkansas University, work to expand upon my collection of card games look into finding more complex and developed games, and share my interests with others who want to learn such as my love for Floriculture, the practice and science of growing flowers, and how it works to improve our world.  With my current degree plan in Agriculture Education, I intend on teaching at a high school focusing on plant scienceAfter I will return to my home state of Texas. I plan to pursue a graduate degree and either focus fully on plant science or own my nursery. 

 

Outside of college I hope to become financially independent from my familyThen, I can build my own assets, such as my own home, car, and investmentsAt my house I plan to have livestock with cows and chickens being my primary focus.  

 

I want to make my property self-sufficient and capable of going off-grid with water collection, solar panels, and a greenhouse.   

 

Lastly, some of my further goals are to travel to Europe and other locations to learn more about how agriculture is practiced in different cultures and ecosystemsI plan to bring successful practices back to the United States to improve on the efficiency at my nursery and greenhouse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment