SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Monday, September 30, 2024

Bucket List Tianna Moore

 

One of my biggest goals in life is to become a registered pediatric nurse. I genuinely feel joy when I am able to care for others, especially children. At one point I was certain that becoming an elementary school teacher would be right for me because of my love for children, but I’ve realized becoming a pediatric nurse is a better fit. This way, I can combine my love for children with my passion for caregiving.

I also want to travel the world. So far, I’ve only been to about seven states, but I want to explore the remaining forty-three and travel beyond the U.S, with Jamaica being on top of my list. I want to go bamboo rafting, taste the food, and maybe even learn to swim while I’m there. I love learning about different cultures and how people live around the world.

Something that I am already working on but want to continue is stepping out of my comfort zone. I’ve been shy my entire life, and I’m determined to overcome it. My shyness often makes me hesitate before trying new things, so if I don’t overcome this, the rest of my bucket list will be a pain to accomplish. Although I’m much more outspoken than I used to be, I know I still have some work to do.

Lastly, I want to be able to care for and support my parents in the same way they’ve always done for me. They’ve gone above and beyond to ensure I had a happy life, and all I want is to return that love by doing the same for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment