SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Friday, September 27, 2024

Bucket List Jaylee Wilkerson

 

I faced a setback when I was first given the task of a bucket list. I couldn’t think of goals that I wanted to complete off the top of my head.  After debating my life’s aspirations for a while, I have finally come up with a perfect “bucket list.”

I want a consistent career that I never have to doubt, I want a home that never sees unhappiness, and I want a family that is the idea of the “American dream.”  Although these do sum up the completeness of my bucket list, I feel they are too broad. I strive to work hard and dedicate myself fully to my career and education so I can obtain a consistent career. I want to be so fruitfully awarded from my work that I am financially well enough to build a house, then I want to be physically and mentally capable enough to turn this house into a home. Once I have created this life for myself, I want to be spiritually sound enough to raise a loving, hardworking, and dedicated family. To further extend my bucket list, I want the maturity, confidence, and motivation to fight through any obstacles that stand in the way of my goals because I know these things will not come pain-free.

My Bucket list may be simple and cookie-cutter, but there is truly nothing better I could want to come of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment