SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and recently retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Thursday, August 13, 2020

Bucket List: Noah Begay

Bucket lists are fun to make and usually exhilarating to carry out. Generally, people include very fantastical items on their list, such as skydiving, scuba diving, or anything intensely physical. Personally, I would have the same enjoyment with calm activities as much as with exciting ones, which is why I have selected a few in both categories. For the many years to come in my lifetime, I would like to spend a few in a cabin out in the Montana woods, close to a large lake. Much like the calming attitude of camping, I see myself as a calm and relaxed person. I enjoy the quietness of the woods and the freedom that it offers. To me, the woods is a place for soul-searching and contemplativeness, two activities I also enjoy doing.

Another item I would enjoy is the achievement of completing a car restoration of one of my many favorite cars. I would like to restore an old car to its former glory. I’ve always had a liking towards older vehicles, such as old American muscle cars and even retro Japanese imports. Having one all finished and completed would be a dream come true.

Beyond that, I’d love to purchase my own small plane and learn to fly it. It would be breathtaking to see the vast world around me and to go anywhere I choose. Aircraft like the popular Cessna models would be a great choice, as its small size and agility prove it to be known as a fun and light-hearted airplane.

These activities are a few interests I would love to experience within my lifetime. I know I will change interests over the course of my life, so I expect it to be an ever changing list.


No comments:

Post a Comment