SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and recently retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Bucket List: Leah Wells

 

            Death and fear are concepts commonly considered as the greatest causes of loss. Bucket lists were created to combat the fear of death as a person’s specific goals transformed death’s despairing loss-of-time into life’s hopeful time-spent-well. A bucket list’s primary purpose is to be a list of accomplishments in life in order to avoid a list of regrets before death.

            When considering my list, I realized that the important goal was to live a fulfilling life filled with love and joy. To attain that goal, I first need to complete college and begin an occupation that will be both sustaining and enjoyable. With this career, I hope to be someone influential and trustworthy to others. After becoming self-sufficient and spending some time orienting myself to a new life, I hope to start a loving family which thrives in a comfortable, loving environment. I hope to be able to raise my children to be kind individuals capable of sharing their love with others. As I think of my future family, my greatest wish is to be a good mother and a loving wife. I also hope to be able to travel and learn about the lifestyles of different people. My parents and I love traveling and learning about new destinations we visit. I wish for traveling to become a hobby which I can enjoy with my future family.

            I also wish to grow personally, to grow into a person who readily helps and encourages others. My greatest wish overall is to become a loving, trusting person and to follow God’s plan for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment