SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and recently retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Bucket List: Elizabeth Burgess

 

    I have always been the type of person who made plans, and I already have a bucket list on my phone.  I of course want to have a family and a job that makes me happy, but there are some other experiences I would love to have during my lifetime.

            One of the main items on my bucket list is to travel to all 50 states. I’ll buy a map and add a pin to every state I have visited. The main states I have been to so far in my lifetime have been relatively close to Arkansas, where I was born and raised. It scares me that there are so many places I haven’t seen and may never see since I plan on living in Arkansas forever, so I must travel and see everything I can.

            I would also love to see the Northern Lights. Since watching “The Polar Express” as a little girl I have been obsessed with the idea of seeing the lights. There are so many beautiful sights to see in the world, and that is just one of them I have always planned on experiencing. Everyone says pictures can’t do them justice, so I need to see for myself!

            Although I do plan on traveling and seeing new parts of the world, nothing would be worth it without someone to share my experiences with. The top item on my bucket list is to have a loving, happy family to go through life with. I don’t want to experience any of this if I’m forced to do it alone. Next, I want a job I enjoy, one that I look forward to after traveling. I must pay for those experiences somehow!

            Life really is too short to waste time on missing out and not seeing everything. I hope to see as much of our world as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment