SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and recently retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Bucket List: Stephanie Tabor

The bucket list, society’s way of writing down goals to accomplish before dying is an extremely common practice. However, I have never considered making one until confronted with the assignment. I thought about all the things I have dreamed of doing since I was a little girl. The top four things were: getting my college degree, a road trip through Italy, getting accepted into Law School and building my dream home.


    Graduating college has been something I have wanted to do since my brother left for college. Now that I have officially started my first year of school, as a History and Political Science major, I know how close I am to achieving the first of my dreams.


    Next, a road trip in Italy has been another thing I’ve dreamed of since I began studying the Renaissance period in elementary school. Ten years later I’m majoring in  history. So, to see the places, the architecture, and art I have admired for so long would be amazing. In addition, seeing the world is important to me because it will expose me to other cultures and help me learn more about the world.


    My dream job has been to become an attorney since I was in middle school. Since making that decision being accepted into Law School has been something I have always wanted. Attending Yale Law School would be my top choice.


    Lastly, I’ve always dreamed of building my dream house back home in Texas. Although I decided to go to school out of state, I have always loved being around my friends and family. So building a home to fill with family and celebrate holidays and accomplishments with them has become something I have wanted for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment