SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and recently retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Monday, August 17, 2020

Bucket List: Joe Hinds

 

It seems that everybody has incredible experiences that they wish to have on their bucket lists. Some people may say they want to go skydiving or meet the president or a list of other things. I do not really care for all those kinds of extraordinary things. I have a very simple yet fulfilling bucket list.

I want to live in a nice house with a lot of property one day. I like the idea of having a lot of property that I can do whatever I want on. With enough space I do not have to worry about neighbors getting angry or anything of that nature. I can play music as loudly as I would like and I can play backyard football with my future kids. I feel like a nice house with a lot of property would be the dream environment to have a family and to raise kids.

I would like to travel to Europe one day. I have never been overseas and I believe it would be a very interesting experience to see how different their culture is from ours. I would also love to hear the slang that they have developed over there and the different terms they use for objects.

I want to learn to play the piano. The piano is a very pretty instrument to me and it seems very elegant. When I think of playing piano, I imagine I am in a very fancy restaurant playing for hundreds of well-dressed and young entrepreneurs. That may be an odd thing to think about but those are the feelings I get when I think of playing piano.

My bucket list may not consist of the craziest ideas but they are things that I dream of doing some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment