SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and recently retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Bucket List: Laury Miller

 

For most, the ideal bucket list is made up of activities such as travelling to places around the world. The main goals on my bucket list are to be the everyone’s favorite teacher, to be financially stable, and to be the best mom possible.

My high school Spanish teacher inspired me to become a teacher. Her encouragement, positivity, and care made me want to be like her, an excellent teacher for my future students. I want to be the teacher that my students feel comfortable talking to, who love being in my classroom, and who leaves an impact on their lives. I want to help as many students as I can, and I know I will make this possible with hard work and dedication.

Being financially stable is also on my bucket list.  I do not want to worry about not having food, electricity, clothing, or other needs my parents provided, and I want the same for my future children. It is important for me to be stable on my own before finding a significant other in order to have a good base for a relationship.

Lastly, I want to be the best mother to my children. My mom was at every dance competition, every school award ceremony, and every other occasion to show me her support. I want this for my children too, but I realize that a good relationship with them starts with me being the best version of myself that I can be. I love children and have a passion for not only being a great teacher, but also a great mother. Since starting college, I realize that my bucket list is easily achievable with hard work and dedication, and I cannot wait to see how it all unfolds as I begin my journey at SAU.

No comments:

Post a Comment