SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and recently retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, August 16, 2020

Bucket List: Opeyemi Daramola

 

I never saw the use of making a bucket list because I thought it would be overwhelming and the list would be endless. This assignment made me think critically, look beyond childish wants, and ask myself what might be my achievements over the next 10 years. After much thought I could think of four major goals: furthering my education, having a family, getting to the peak of my career, and travelling the world.

I will start with furthering my education. I do not want to limit myself to just getting a bachelor’s degree, I see myself going as far as education will take me, getting my master’s degree and my doctorate in social work.

Secondly, I have always wished to have a family, not only having a companion but also being proud of the children that comes out of the relationship. Achieving this goal before I turn 30 would be a dream come true. Then I would have best friends to accompany me in life’s journey.

I am ambitious because getting to the peak of my career is one of my goals. I do not just want to be a boss; I want to be a leader. I want to learn from others, and I want others to learn from me. I would love to diversify my career in various aspect of social work, that way I could help colleagues from all subfields.

What is the use of all this work when I cannot get to learn about new cultures and traditions? For professional or personal reasons, I would like to visit new places and experience other lifestyles regardless of their locations.

This bucket list has given me a whole new game plan that I hope to achieve all of it during my lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment