SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and recently retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Bucket List: Ella Hill

 

Everyone must think about their future at one point or another, the future is always coming and looking ahead is a very important aspect of life. Defining things that we want to achieve can be a helpful tool for clear things to focus on achieving in our future. My bucket list is short but will give a clear outline for my goals for the coming times.

The first thing that I plan to do is to finish my education with a head start into my career. I am majoring in History and over the past few years I have struggled with what I want to do in the field. History opens so many career options, and more recently I have begun to narrow down what I wish to do after I have graduated college and have set my sights on doing historical costuming and dress for the performing arts.

I also plan to eventually learn another language. I took multiple years of French in high school, but never felt as though I was truly learning the language. I want to improve my abilities and widen my horizons which will hopefully open the doors for me to visit other countries and perhaps even live in another country should I wish to.

Finally, I plan to one day visit New Zealand. I have done multiple assignments on New Zealand over my high school career and have grown a healthy interest in the country. I think that the natural beauty of New Zealand would be incredible to see in person. The nerdy side of me also hopes to visit the set of Hobbiton from the Lord of The Rings and Hobbit movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment