SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and recently retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Monday, August 10, 2020

Bucket List: Brayden Ritchie

 

I have never thought about what all I want to do in my life or what I saw myself completing. I have always been a spur of the moment type. I never thought beyond what’s in store for the next day. Now that I’m in college I find myself thinking more and realizing that I’ll be thrown into the real world soon. I’m constantly battling over not wanting to grow up while also wanting to get a taste of everything life has to offer.

 

All people have so much they want to accomplish from little to big feats. Most don’t start until it’s too late to complete most of their bucket list. I plan on completing my list if time permits it. My number one end goal is to have a loving family. I want to have children and hopefully grandchildren one day. I want to take time to travel the world and see all the different wonders it has to offer. I want to give back to my community. I also want to accumulate enough wealth so that my family can live comfortably. If I’m lucky, I may even retire before I get too old to go travel the globe.

 

Starting college has really made me think about the things I want to experience and take from life. My life would be complete if I could make the world just a little bit better. This desire is the reasoning that made me want to be an engineer. I want to help make the world better. I hope my work will help people bond together and marvel at what can be done when we are one. Mankind can have a bright future if we all work towards achieving it. Still, we have to make sure to enjoy ourselves along the way.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment