SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and recently retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Thursday, August 27, 2020

Bucket List: Finley Blair

 

     I have been writing bucket lists as long as I can remember, ever since my best friend moved to Florida in the third grade. Now, the only time we see each other is during the summer when she visits Texas for a month. Then, we compile everything we hope to do in those short four weeks into a bucket list. It's our very own tradition that we have continued it for years.

 

     So, I am very accustomed to bucket lists and hope to achieve every one of the following tasks. One of the first things I would like to accomplish is becoming a dog mom. I have wanted a brown labradoodle since I knew what a dog was but because of my family's allergies, I haven't been blessed to own one. Someday, I hope to move to Hawaii and open up my own gym franchise which will include multi-lane swimming pools, tennis courts, a turf field, a rock-climbing wall, and a sports medical center. Since working at the [maybe a particular adjective here? Name of the gym?] gym as a member services representative, I have come to love the atmosphere and conditions. I have come to know and love that gym. I leave in a good mood following my shift. I would love to cultivate that same atmosphere for my workers in my own gym. Finally, I would like to travel to as many countries as possible. I am hungry for knowledge and new experiences and believe that travelling can give me a look into the lives of others who live in communities and who have had experiences far different from my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment