SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and recently retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Bucket List: Turner Futrell

 

When some people think of a bucket list they think of wild and outlandish things.  Stuff that sounds like you are cheating death.  Something that even doing once sounds like it is a risk, but bucket list can have more than just crazy and thrilling ideas. 

First, I want a house out in the country.  Preferably out in an open pasture overlooking a pond.  I want it out on my family farm where I can go ride down the river in the evening and fish or just walk outside and start squirrel hunting.  Those fields and bottoms are my favorite place to be and spend time.  Second, I want a collection of my favorite classic trucks and cars.  I already have a 1982 K5 blazer, but there are so many more that I would love to have.  I would love to add a 78 K10 chevy to my collection along with a 78 z28 Camaro with T-tops and a 454 big block.  An early 1977s Pontiac trans am like the one the bandit had.  One of the more thrilling things I want to do is go sky diving.  Which is something most people would never even want to think about doing.  It would take me a moment to psyche myself up to jump but the adrenaline rush would be worth it.  I doubt there is much in this world that would compare to that.

Those are some of the things I want to accomplish in my life.  the first two are a whole lot tamer than the third.  Those are a few of the most important and most desirable things for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment