SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and recently retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Bucket List: Isabella Bernard

 

For my entire life, I’ve been called a “dreamer” and told that I expect too many far-fetched things. To that, I say, “why not?” Is it not part of the human experience to dream? I suppose we all have different ideas of fulfilling lives, but I know mine includes fun experiences, living up to my full potential, and making a difference. My life is lived in the sense of checking off a never-ending bucket list I’ve started from consciousness to the present. There are fun, specific ones you’d expect such as swimming in Lake Tahoe, building a self-sustaining home, seeing any whale out in the ocean, and more, but these are minuscule compared to the major milestone ones. 

  

I dream of finishing my bachelor’s with a high GPA, going to graduate school, one to be proud of, and passing with flying colors. Beyond this, I want a job with a good cause that I excel at and will be able to afford to help my future child or children in doing the same. I hope to raise children who will grow up to be leaders in positive change for future generations and use my passion for humankind and the planet to spread awareness, advocate, help push policies that make society better, or anything else that I can. I want to live in a place with a wondrous natural environment. I’ve always dreamed of living somewhere beautiful where I want to be outside whenever I can and makes me happy to exist in each day. Specifically, I want to be an environmental lawyer with a J.D. from a high-ranking school, living somewhere like Colorado. Who doesn’t like Colorado? By the end, I hope that through all these milestones, I will have a partner with whom I’ve shared mutual support and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment