SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and recently retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Monday, November 14, 2022

Bucket List: William Ashcraft

When thinking about the concept of a bucket list, it’s difficult and almost intimidating to create a list of all the things I want to do before I die. What makes it even more challenging is the fact that my dreams and goals change frequently. My aspirations ten years from now could be entirely different from the ones I hold today. However, if I had to choose the things I would like to do before I die, I think I would want to graduate with an MBA, learn to draw, have a family, and become an author.

            I plan on graduating from SAU with an MBA. It’s more of a short-term goal, but one with long-term effects. Since I took multiple college courses in high school, I’ll be able to obtain my bachelor’s degree and MBA in four years.

            Also, I want to learn how to draw. It’s a much more trivial goal compared to getting an MBA, and I don’t have any grand ambitions of being an artist, but it’s a skill I’ve always wanted to learn. Currently, I have no artistic ability. The most I can manage is a squiggly stick figure, but I think with time and practice, I can improve.

            Perhaps the biggest goal on my list is to have a family. Not because it’s the one I strive for the most but because having one would have the greatest impact on my life. It wouldn’t necessarily have to be a wife and children. A wife and a couple of dogs would be enough for me.

            Finally, I hope to one day become an author. That may sound strange seeing as I’m a finance major pursuing an MBA, and I would have no issue going into such a field since I do enjoy it, but my goal is to eventually become an author, writing science fiction, fantasy, thrillers, or whatever else I feel like writing. Whether I’m able to make a living as an author or not isn’t of much concern, since I would mostly treat it as a hobby.


No comments:

Post a Comment