SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Monday, November 21, 2022

Bucket List: Aiden Harlin

 We often travel through our lives with a lack of direction. Many people realize towards the end they never achieved what they wanted to in their lives. I hope to never be at that point so it’s important I create a bucket list.


My first goal is a silly one. I want to wrestle a crocodile before I die. Dangerous, I know, but it has always been a dream of mine. Steve Irwin can be thanked for that.


My second goal is more down to earth. I have wanted a 1970 Chevelle for years. They are awesome cars, and they have one of my favorite body designs of any car ever. I hope to obtain one before I die.


My third goal is to finally complete an album. All of my musical projects over the years have either been lost or scrapped. It’s a shame because I really feel like I have a lot to say with my music.


My fourth goal is to have a happy marriage with at least two children. To me it is important to have a family, as I feel that life would feel very empty if I were never to have one. A family is fulfilling.


My fourth goal is directly tied to my last goal. I want to have a job making 6 figures. I hope that me and my family will be in a good place financially and be able to afford what we need and want.


With those things in mind, I can have a fulfilling life. I won’t have to look back and regret what I’ve done. I’ll be satisfied with how I lived, knowing I did the things I wanted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment