SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Monday, November 7, 2022

Bucket List: Darcy Ellerbee

 

When I think about creating a bucket list, it’s hard for me to narrow down what I wish to accomplish in my life before I die. My plans and my dreams change on the daily. However, if I had to narrow it down I would say that I want to travel to Italy, write a book and have it published, own a home and have a family of my own, and graduate college with honors.

Ever since I was a little girl, I always dreamed of traveling to Italy. All I want to do is visit there even if it is only for a day. I want to experience the scenery and the food.

My second goal is to write a book. If I were to write a book, it would probably be a fantasy or fiction novel. There is no particular reason for this other than I enjoy writing and I want to share my work with people who might enjoy it as well.

 My third goal is to own a home and have a family of my own. Now, I use the term family loosely. I would be content with having a husband and a few cats and dogs with a house of our own on a piece of land somewhere.

Finally, for more of a short term goal, I wish to graduate college with honors. I graduated high school with honors, so I hope to do the same in college. I aim to graduate with at least a 3.8 or higher, so hopefully I can achieve that. I’m aware that it is much harder to do that in college than it is in high school , but I believe that if I work hard enough, I will be able to reach that goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment