SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and recently retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Bucket List: Jacob Stroman

 

When I was given the assignment to create a bucket list, I realized I had barely ever thought of anything I want to experience or accomplish in the future, and I immediately decided to do some brainstorming for things I want to do before I die.

 

The only thing that has been on my bucket list is my plan to have my own personal library in my house when I eventually buy a home. I have loved books since I was in 2nd grade, reading has been a big part of my life, and I have planned to have a library filled with all sorts of books in it for over 5 years. A few of the required books in the library include, They Called Us Enemy, Ender’s Game, and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

 

The second most important goal in my life is to run a marathon. I ran cross country and track in middle school and high school and always enjoyed running, running a marathon has intrigued me for years, but I never made a commitment to myself about it until I sat down and thought about what I want to do with my life besides going to college working and then retiring. While my personal library would represent how important knowledge is to me and the impact books have had on my life, running a marathon would be a physical representation of hard work and dedication, along with the importance of physical training in my life. I value exercise and sports very highly, and they have been a part of my life for as long as books have been.

 

While I only have two major goals right now, I will expand my bucket list in the future, as I continue to think of goals I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment