SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, November 27, 2022

Bucket List: Tori Burton

 

Bucket lists were a strange thing to me as a child. I would constantly wonder what the point was, when a person’s desires and goals changed so often from my perspective. Grasping the concept is easier for me now as an adult, because my own aspirations have grown more and more concrete as I grow older. After being witness to older family members passing, I have realized that my time is just as limited as anyone else's. A bucket list makes sense now, because I do have things that I want to do before I die. Perhaps, in laying them down to page, I can more easily reach these goals. Even if some might be unachievable, I do not wish to leave the world without my desires being known.

            I want to see the world, and all its many cultures, see what it truly has to offer outside of my miniscule experience. I wish to one day wake up and feel the warmth of someone who shares my bed, without worrying about what my parents think of them and me. When I look in the mirror, I hope I can one day see all the good things instead of the holes I dig into my own reflection. One day, I want to make something that inspires people. I want to create worlds for people to enjoy.

            I may not wish for grand things, but I want to have something tangible to look forward to. Even if they might not all happen, I would be happy to know I have made even the smallest impression on the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment