SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and recently retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Bucket List: Hannah Diffee

 

There are a number of things I hope to accomplish before I die. These often seem like things far out of my reach - unattainable dreams that will never be made a reality. However, I know that if I work hard in life, I can be successful and do many things that make me happy. Though I have so many goals swirling around in my mind, I have never compiled them into a full “bucket list.” So today, I will give you an idea of what my bucket list would look like. 


One goal of mine is to write a book. As a child, I fantasized about becoming an author. I loved reading and creating fantastical worlds of my own in my mind. Though I’m not as avid of a reader as I once was, I hope to be able to create captivating stories in the way my favorite authors do. To me, writing is an outlet. I feel like, if I really had the motivation, I could throw all my ideas into a short novel or children’s book.


Adding to that item, I would love to one day be published in a national news source. With my Mass Communication degree, I aim to enter the journalism field and be a newswriter. It would be amazing to see my name at the top of an article in TIME Magazine.


Another thing on my bucket list would be to travel to Greece. Greek culture is fascinating to me, and I enjoy learning about the country’s history. I would love to see the attractions that are so prominent in ancient stories and legends. The architecture is gorgeous, and walking through the cities would be like traveling to another world. I would also love to try all the food I can.


A final item on my bucket list would be to graduate college with high honors. I graduated high school summa cum laude, so I hope to do the same in college. I always strive to challenge myself academically. I enjoy being at the front of the crowd, and I don’t usually gain satisfaction from doing the bare minimum. I feel like true success isn’t measured by the outcome of your performance, but rather by the effort you put into achieving your goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment