SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and recently retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Bucket List: Rory Lowther

 

Even though I’ve always thought about writing a bucket list so that I could document my goals in life, I never got around to doing it. However, this is my opportunity to express to other people what I want to achieve in this very short span of life, and hopefully it will inspire others to rise to the occasion of accomplishing their own goals.

Weirdly enough, my most important goal is to throw myself into a completely new environment, whether it be a new country or city, and to meet as many diverse people as I can. For this to satisfy me, I would want to meet people with completely different viewpoints from each other, and this will help me have a greater understanding of cultures I currently have no clue about.

Along with this, getting to listen to a famous composer such as Hans Zimmer or Max Richter in person would be fantastic, especially if I had the chance to watch them practice. Witnessing a craft such as directing for such a significant figure would allow me to partake in talent that I could only dream of achieving.

A simple but important goal would also be to either run a marathon or compete in a high intensity competition. I’m not particularly in shape right now, but to have such determination and endurance to complete a marathon is astounding to me, and it is something that if I put my mind to it, I could absolutely get done.

To finish it off, being able to retire early due to smart financial decisions throughout my life and settling down in a town away from everything would be the penultimate goal of my life. Reaching a state of peace through my dedication towards learning and through work would fulfill all my aspirations.

No comments:

Post a Comment