SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Bucket List: Gunnar Bellinger

 

Whenever most people think of a bucket list, they think of things they want to do in the future; they think of something that seems almost unattainable yet attainable at the same time and placed everywhere in between. Whenever I think of a bucket list, I do not think of exotic adventures and once-in-a-lifetime experiences; I think of both the big and small things in life that would make me happy. 

I am determined to hear my name called from a stage at least two more times, surrounded by peers dressed in gowns and caps. I long to sit at a desk to call my own, surrounded by little trinkets gifted and given, discovered and collected from my trip along the way. I look forward to the day when I am able to look at others just beginning their journeys and can tell them I was there once and that they will be okay. I am eager to witness the fruits of my labor in whatever professional field I end up in, reaping what I sow as I put my whole heart into my work. I cannot wait to greet retirement like an old friend and live life to its fullest, to know that the glory days were both then but only a few of many more to come. 

Life is something that many take for granted so often. A bucket list to me is a list of the things that will complete you as a person in your life, a list of steps or ingredients to a life well lived. While they might not seem like things that are once in a lifetime to most, they are things that will be once in my lifetime; and that is enough for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment