SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, November 27, 2022

Bucket List: Cole Roberts

 My name Is Cole Roberts and I have a lot of things I want to experience or achieve. The first
thing, although not the most important, would be to skydive. Facing possible death provides a
greater gratitude for life. After skydiving, mundane stressors won't be able to compare. I predict I will love the exhilaration but gain a permanent appreciation for having my feet firmly planted on the ground.


I would love to plant a tree and take a picture each year of its growth. This collection of pictures
would serve to remind myself that consistent growth, no matter now small, will eventually carry me to the heights I strive to achieve.


I want to visit the tombs or memorials for some of my favorite historical figures and musicians,
as well as politicians and authors. Harriet Tubman, Malcolm McCormick, John Marshall and George Orwell are all on my list to visit. Great minds have shaped this nation as well as this
world. Taking time to remember and reflect on the accomplishments of these people is something I would love to do.


I want to learn slacklining, or tight rope walking. I have always admired the physical balance and
the mental poise required to balance and walk on such an unsteady object.


Another skill I want to achieve is to become fluent in Spanish. I can read and write a portion of
the language but I am wanting to carry out conversations with others entirely in Spanish.


Lastly, before I die. I want to spend a week in Bora Bora. I cannot think of a more beautiful
climate. The clear water and the white sand are the closest things I can imagine to Heaven on
Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment