SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Bucket List: Stormie Stivers

 

When asked to come up with a bucket list, I draw a blank. I have never thought about creating a bucket list, but I do have a few goals that I would like to accomplish before my time is up. Every day comes with new goals, but for the sake of a bucket list I will only mention the long-term goals I have. 

     One of the most spontaneous goals I have is to cage dive. Cave diving is when you are lowered into the ocean in a metal cage to “swim with sharks.” Call me crazy, but cave diving has always been an interest of mine since I watched the movie 47 Meters Down.  Although the movie resulted in a bad ending for the cage divers, it sparked my interest in marine life and the idea of cage diving. 

    The majority of the rest of the goals on my bucket list are future related. My main goal is a series of short-term goals. These short-term goals result in the long-term goal. First, I intend to graduate college with honors and earn my bachelor's degree of science in pre-vet. After earning my degree, I plan to apply to Louisiana State University to attend vet school. Getting accepted to LSU vet school is the goal. The final goal to complete the series is to graduate from vet school and start my career as a veterinarian. I have always been told the career path is too difficult, but I'm determined to mark it off of my bucket list. 

    Overall, my bucket list is far from complete. With the pieces slowly falling into place, I am confident that each of my goals will eventually get checked off my bucket list.

No comments:

Post a Comment