SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and recently retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Bucket List: Wei Han Won

 

I have a couple of things I would like to accomplish before I grow old. First off, I hope to finish my studies and graduate with a degree that will get me into the energy sector. I am intrigued with renewable and nuclear energy. With the world’s increasing demand for energy, I believe this interest of mine can contribute to society in the future while also giving me a sense of accomplishing a worthwhile goal.

Traveling around the world has also been on my checklist for a long time. Few years back, I traveled to Egypt. I can safely say I loved every moment. I realized that people from different cultures and countries and I shared so many similar interests. Some travel destinations that I have in mind are Australia, England, Japan, and Russia. I want to visit them to expand my worldview.

Many years from now I want to retire in a comfortable cottage by the countryside. Living in Magnolia for the past months has pushed this goal up the list. Being in a quiet city like Magnolia got me appreciating the silence and laid-back lifestyle. Though this seems far from the present, the thought of it just brings a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment