SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Bucket List: Allison Wood

 

As a goal-oriented person, I have always kept a bucket list. I do not have many extravagant dreams. Instead, I write small, manageable items down because they make me happy and remind me of my larger and more wonderful goals to come. These goals are deeply meaningful and relate to connecting to others.

I greatly enjoy spending time with people and molding my environment to convey positive emotions. So, my first goal is to have a medium sized house, filled with people and decorations! I never want an empty house. Although I don’t value material goods just for their own sake, I do want to use them to create the emotions of wonder and joy and have a house filled with people! I don’t need to be rich to accomplish this goal, but I will need a well-paying fulfilling job.

Another long-term goal is to travel to other countries. Growing up my parents hosted many exchange students in our household. I want to visit them all in their own country and explore their different cultures and histories. I want to see the sites they consider meaningful, rather than the “must see” sites ordinary tourists flock to .

These are my main goals and they relate to exploration and personal growth. I have many more goals I hope to complete and those revolve around making personal connections, bringing people together, and doing so in exciting and fun ways. I have full confidence that I’ll one day achieve everything I hope for and more.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment