SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Thursday, November 4, 2021

Bucket List: Emily Lewis

 

As far as bucket lists are concerned, I have already checked quite a bit off mine. I have parasailed, ziplined, and flown. Still, there is plenty that I desire to accomplish and experience before I kick the bucket. 

The most important, soul-fulfilling item on my bucket list is to visit Alaska; I intend to go alone. That way I can soak in its raw nature without distractions. Alaska is so alluring to me that I know I will not want to leave once there. Megan Shull’s book inspired my fascination with Alaska. At the same time, I could check off another item on my bucket list− stargazing in the mountains. I love stargazing at home, but a mountain view would be incomparable. I would love to see Aurora Borealis too. 

The last major item on my bucket list is to design my dream house. I want to draw the layout, design it exactly how I want, and pay someone to build it. This will take a long time. To pacify myself in the meantime, I have drawn out several plans, researched different styles of houses, and downloaded a remodeling app. 

No comments:

Post a Comment