SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and recently retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Bucket List: Rylee Griffis

 

There are many things that I would like to accomplish before I die. One is bungee jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco. I have wanted to jump there since I was a child because bungee jumping would be a cool experience and the Golden Gate Bridge is one of the world’s most famous bridges. I have not already done it because I could not afford the trip to California. That state is known as one of the most beautiful places in the world where a lot of people go to make their dreams come true, whether it be in the music business, television, or the movies. I’d like to see the sights. I have never been to that part of the country before

I would also like to travel Europe, something that I have dreamt of since childhood. In Italy I’d eat pizza while taking a tour of the Leaning Tower of Pisa. In France, I’d visit the Eiffel Tower. It is one of the most visited tourist attractions in the world and is located in Paris, a city that has amazing food and some of the most beautiful architecture in the world.

I would also like to help perform or assist on a “humpty dumpty” heart surgery when I become a surgeon. Although I don’t have an affinity for cardiothoracics, this surgery would still be amazing to see. That type of surgery doesn’t happen very often and the doctors who perform those incredible operations are some of the best surgeons in the world. It would be a great opportunity to work under someone who can teach me so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment