SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and recently retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, November 28, 2021

Bucket List: Jiri Semrad

 

The only thing certain about the future is that it is not certain. What I am doing now may not be what I do in the future. Life will take me through all sorts of paths. What I do know is that setting myself up for success in whatever the future may hold is important to me.

The first and foremost item on my list is self-improvement. No matter what field or path I take consistent improvement will be the key to success in meeting my goals. Becoming stagnant will only hinder any moves to future goals. Those include art, coding, and traveling.

Before I die I want to host an art show. I was supposed to host one before Covid 19 but the pandemic forced its cancellation. I want to reach the point where I can comfortably understand code and coding. Whether or not I choose writing software as a career I’d like to practice and get better at it for my own satisfaction. I would like to go on a long road trip around the country and surrounding countries to just learn about the world I live in and get some stories before I settle down.

The last and most important goal for me is to not only let myself live a comfortable life but have the rest of my friends and family live comfortably. Going forward I want to be hired in a place I can passionately work because personally, it is less about the pay and more about enjoying what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment