SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Thursday, November 4, 2021

Bucket List: Sidney Crews

 

Being only nineteen years old, I have a long list of different experiences I will want to work toward and accomplish during my lifetime. I have always had an interest in healthcare so I am pursuing a nursing major on the BSN track at Southern Arkansas University. So, the first item on my list is to earn my BSN. After I graduate, I have a couple of ideas on how to further my education. After obtaining the BSN, I hope to land a job in a critical care field within a hospital. My dream specialty would be to work in a neonatal intensive care unit with premature newborns. Working in this specialty is crucial because in order to be admitted to the graduate program I plan to attend I must have worked at least one year in a critical care setting. After, I plan to take the GRE and apply to the doctoral program of Nursing Practice at Northwestern State University in Shreveport to become a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, one of the highest items on my list. After I have completed my education, I hope to have a family. I have always wanted to be a mother and have one or more children to love on. As my life goes on, I am sure that I will add several things to my list. But for now, these are just a few things that I look forward to completing and that seem important to me at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment