SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and recently retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, November 28, 2021

Bucket List: Riley Payne

 

Bucket lists consist of the goals in life a person wants to achieve before dying. The lists can be simple or extraordinary. Everyone has a bucket list; some people write them down while others keep them their minds. Either way, bucket lists help people stay focused on their life goals.

My bucket list is simple but challenging. First, I want to graduate college and pass all my college classes. Most people overlook this goal, but to me it is important. After I graduate from SAU, I want to be accepted by the University of  Central Arkansas to continue my education and become a physical therapist. Before setting out on my career path, I want to find and observe physical therapists working at local hospitals and at the Arkansas Children’s Hospital. The goals above are some of my bigger goals in life. Others are quite simpler: getting married, starting a family, and to having a color guard solo during one of the SAU Band’s halftime shows. I love world travel either for vacations or mission trips. I want to see the Seven Wonders of the world. My mom has always wanted to go to Hawaii. So, I want fulfill a goal from her bucket list by taking her and my family to Hawaii.

    Bucket lists are very easy to create. People add to their bucket list throughout their lives. I hope that I 

achieve my goals and will be happy wherever I go in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment