SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Monday, November 1, 2021

Bucket List: Michael Glover Langdon

 

Bucket lists are lists of things you want to do before you die. I want to live my life to the fullest before I die. The first item on my bucket list is to skydive. I am a huge thrill seeker and enjoy adrenaline rushes. Jumping out of a plane thousands of feet above the ground into the air seems so enjoyable to me.

The second item on my bucket list is to go scuba diving at the Great Barrier Reef. I love scuba diving. I went to Hawaii recently just to go scuba diving. I had so much fun and made so many memories. Scuba diving at the Great Barrier Reef is on my bucket list because I want to see the giant, colorful reef on Australia’s east coast. I want to be able to see with my own eyes. I really want to dive there some day.

My third item is to get my master’s degree in computer science. I want to be able to learn more about computer science and to find a really good job in that field. I hope to work for the government and getting a master’s degree will help me achieve that.

My fourth item is to start a family and raise my kids to be the best they can be. I want them to be successful in their life, just like how I hope to be. Family will always come first for me before anything else.

The final item is to become a pilot. I want to be able to fly airplanes and maybe build my own. I want to soar over everything and to be able to see the distant horizon miles away. I want to build a basic airplane, one that would sit two people. I can’t wait for the day I build my first airplane.

No comments:

Post a Comment