SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Thursday, November 4, 2021

Bucket List: Zhen Ze Ong

 

Bucket lists are pretty cool. I’ll list a couple goals I wish to achieve before I die, and then check them off after achieving them. These goals may not be very significant, but they also can be a major part of life.

The first item on my list is to graduate from Southern Arkansas University and find a good career. Regardless of whether I go to graduate school or not, completing my education and moving into the workforce will be a huge part of my life. I wish to use the skills that I learn to benefit the community as a whole.

Although I’m still young, I would like to get married. One of my goals is to find a special someone who loves me for who I am. I wish to spend the rest of my life committed to her and start a family.

Next up on the list is to get a dog. I am particularly fond of dogs even though my family never owned one. Huskies or wolfdogs are breeds I really like. Honestly, any dog would do fine; chihuahuas are an exception; they terrify me.

Lastly, I would like to travel to Japan. I have always liked Japanese culture and I hope to see it in person. I also wish to visit Germany again. I have been there twice when I was very young, so I do not remember much, but I do remember liking the country very much. I hope to go back now that I am older.

Even though these things may never happen, who knows? I will go where God leads me, and that is all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment