SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Sunday, November 28, 2021

Bucket List: Ashley Martin

 

Bucket Lists have never been a big hobby for me. I am very impulsive when it comes to ideas, but now that I think about it, I have some things that I have always wanted to do.

The first item on my bucket list is visit Yellowstone National Park. I have heard it’s extremely beautiful and I love going on hikes and outdoor adventures. Another item on my bucket list is becoming a travel nurse. That way I could  travel the world, something I love, and work in the pediatrics, my nursing field, at the same time. I would love to visit Alcatraz in San Francisco, CA. I find the whole “prison on an island” concept fascinating. Being an athlete all of my life, running a marathon would be something I would like to add to my list. I would have to train super hard, but it would be worth it.  Something I have always thought about doing is adopting a child. I am not set on adopting from any particular country, but I believe that fulfilling a child’s dreams and giving them love, maybe for the first time would be something we would cherish forever. The last and final thing on my bucket list is living on a ranch of over 50 acres. I have always lived in the city where everything is busy and crowded. So, living a calm and peaceful life is something I have always dreamt about it. My bucket list is rather simple and small, but it is filled with memories I would never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment