SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Bucket List: Truli Bates

 

My bucket wishes would be endless In a world with no monetary restrictions and me not having any responsibilities. But, that is not the case. I still pray to experience: swimming with pigs in the Bahamas and gazing at the amazing ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. While in Europe I imagine being in awe of the Colosseum and swimming in the Mediterranean Sea.

Bearing children and having a successful marriage is extremely high on my bucket list and has been a life-long goal. More dramatically, I want to be a surrogate for someone who struggles to have children. Both these goals will depend on whether I can bear children. Time will tell.

Other goals are more mundane and personal. For fun, I would like to fake an engagement. That would be an exhilarating prank to pull.  As an everyday activity I would like to learn to drive a stick shift. I believe that is a valuable skill and would allow me to drive all kinds of different vehicles. As an aspiring coach and teacher, I want to coach at least one high school volleyball team to a state championship and one club volleyball team to a national championship. Being a  teacher and a coach will offer many avenues to my next item on the bucket list- acting as a life altering person in an individual's life. I have had many coaches who have changed my life and hope to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment