SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and recently retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Bucket List: Chance McDonald

 

Death is motivating. Without the worry of dying, what would motivate us to live or to

love? Death motivates the start of families and the pursuit of fame. By contrast, death makes life and its daily details more valuable. Knowing their time is fleeting, many people want to accomplish certain goals before they pass. This is how the very famous bucket list idea came to be. A bucket list allows people to live life to the fullest. A bucket list isn’t something you do when you’re about to die; but rather, something you do when you still have life left to live. My bucket list is relatively simple. I don’t really care about material possessions like cars or jewelry. My bucket list includes: having a family, being able to financially support them, and just being a decent human being.

In my life, family comes first. Family is something money cannot buy, while providing the most fulfilling purpose in life, love. And in the future, I hope to start a loving family of my own. Before I start my family, I must complete the second item on my bucket list, be financially able to support a family. I don’t want them to worry about food, shelter, or transportation. Not only do I want to cover the basic necessities, but also I want to be able to show my family what this beautiful world has to offer. Lastly, I want to continue to strive to be a better person. One who willingly and happily cares for others, without judgement.

All in all, my bucket list isn’t too complex. I just want a loving family of my own, money to support them, and the willingness and ability to help people in need without judgment. I will strive to make this bucket list come true before my certain end. I hope it is not untimely.

No comments:

Post a Comment