SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and recently retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Bucket List: Noah Bretz

 

I have never been asked to come up with a bucket list or ever really thought about it. But, I have a few ideas for what I want to do before I pass on so now I’ll write them down.

            The first item on my list is to earn a master’s degree in engineering. My family has been poor for most of my life, and I do not want to be poor any more. So, earning that master’s will open up more job opportunities for me and allow me to have a comfortable lifestyle.

            The second item is to get married and have children. I am the last holder of the Bretz family name; it is important to me to pass on my name to the next generation. Besides, I have always wanted to be a father even though I have lived most of my life in a household without one. I will do my best to be a better dad than mine was.

            The final item is to go to Germany and visit my birthplace. I was born in Heidelberg,  in the same hospital where George Patton died in 1945. My father was stationed in Germany with the US Army while they prepared for the invasion of Iraq following the attacks on September 11, 2001. While that hospital was shut down in 2013 the building may still exist. I have always wanted to go back to the place where my life began. I have not left the United States since my family moved from Germany to Ft. Knox and I have always wanted to travel more, so I will try to make a trip to Germany a part of my bucket list.

No comments:

Post a Comment