SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and recently retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Thursday, August 13, 2020

Bucket List: Timothy Davis

 

All my life I have been a thrill seeker. As a baby, I would jump off the highest swing or slide down the steepest slide. That is just the nature of my spirit. Fittingly my bucket list is going to be off the charts crazy and near impossible to complete.

For starters I have always wanted to bungee jump the Grand Canyon and the Niagara Falls. But, cliff jumping one off the tallest cliffs in north America trumps bungee jumping. One cliff is tucked off cove deep in the crisp and clearwater swamps of Florida, perfect for a nice jump. After, I’d scuba dive in the cove and see what creatures dwell in its crystal clear waters.

Beyond jumping off  things, I have always wanted to take my mother to Paris. She has always talked such a trip and I would love to fulfil her dream of seeing the Eiffel Tower’s lights pierce the night sky. 

But at the very top of my bucket list is sky diving. I can only imagine the weightless sensation of speeding towards the earth at over a hundred miles an hour. I have dreamed of it often an even asked my mother to let me have a go at it. She said “no.” Now, as a college student, I feel the sky is the limit and that everything I have ever wanted to try is just waiting patiently for me to reach out and grab it.

Now on my own I have a lot to think about and plan. However, this responsibility comes with a lot of freedom of which I plan to stretch to its fullest. I am in no rush to complete the tasks on the list, but, I cannot help but to get excited when thinking about the path that lies ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment