SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and recently retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Bucket List: Hayley Eads

    Many people go to extremes when trying to form a bucket list for their life, while others choose a simpler path. Life is not really defined by how crazy and spontaneous it is, but rather whether it is enjoyable or not. My list might not be the most exciting, but it shows the life that I want to live.

The first goal of my bucket list is to finish school and start a career as a pharmacist. I want to achieve this career goal so I can provide a good life for my family in the future. The next thing on my bucket list is to start that family and buy my first house. I have always dreamed of the day my own life will really begin. This is a big part of my bucket list even though it might seem like the most basic. I have always believed that having family should be most important, and I cannot wait to start my own. Along with buying my first house and starting a family, another goal on my bucket list is to get a second house, one on a lake. Buying a lake house might take me a while, but it will always be a goal of mine. The last goal on my bucket list is to travel to continents. I have never even been out of the country or even flown on a plane, but I want to have a wider spectrum of experiences as I grow older. I believe traveling will open my mind and show me how much more there is to the world. Although my bucket list might not be that exciting to others, it’s a plan for the life I want to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment