SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Bucket List: Irelyn Coker

 

Seeing the Northern Lights, running a marathon, and learning to play an instrument are just a few of the most common items on the average person’s bucket list. While I also wish to see the Northern Lights one day, my bucket list consists of dreams that are more centered around my career and where I am to live one day.

            One of my dreams is to live in New York. I have lived in a small town in the south for my entire life. My hope is that one day I will have the opportunity to move to New York City to be surrounded by all of its cultures. When there, I want to have a house just outside of the city with a personal library. To have a personal library has always been a personal goal of mine because I am such an avid reader.

The most important dream on my bucket list is to write a novel and see it published. Throughout my childhood and into my first college experiences, I read many novels that helped me through difficult times in my life. I want to be able to write a story that helps someone through life like those books helped me. I want to be alive when my novel is published because I hope that one day I will meet someone that tells me how my story impacted them.

My bucket list is full, but the aforementioned dreams are the most important to me. They are the ones that I will continue to work towards. Though I am sure I will be happy in the future if I never cross these items off of my bucket list, being able to visibly mark them off would be a dream come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment