SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Monday, October 25, 2021

Bucket List: Colin Julian

 Of all things I want to do before I die, there are several that top my list. One of the highest ones is to go skydiving at least once as it is readily available nowadays. I have no fear of heights, so plummeting back down from ten thousand feet would be liberating. Another top goal on my list is to travel around the world. The countries I want to visit are England, Germany, Austria, and France. Specific cities include Winchester, Bayern, Vienna, and Paris. I would reach Asia eventually and see Indonesia and perhaps Japan. Next is learning to program in Lua 5.1, a coding language, and sufficiently 3D model in Blender is other goals on my list. Those two skills would combine to lead to a greater goal: creating my own video game. It need not be complex or fancy. However, I want to say that I made a video game. But my biggest goal of all is to befriend as many people as I humanly can, enjoy meeting with individuals from a vast array of cultures, mindsets, and origins.

 
My goals intertwine with each other. I want to travel the world and see places while meeting new people and potentially befriending them. Knowing how to create meshes allows me to provide assets for a game. Knowing how to code a functional script enables the game to function. For skydiving, having that adrenaline rush while appreciating the beauty in the sky wraps it all up. If I can complete all these goals on my bucket list, I can die happy.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to try making a functional game too. Hopefully I will add things I need to do to my bucket list, not the things I want though. The wisest king that a king would ever be once said "all is vanity," yet he said something that seems to be treated as time-wasting today in Ecclesiastes 12:13. All the best with your goals! Skydiving definitely a no for me ����

    ReplyDelete