SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Monday, October 25, 2021

Bucket List: Abbey Richardson

 

Before this assignment I had never thought about what experiences I desired to achieve during my life. For me, a bucket list is an inspiration for what experiences I want to have within my lifetime. I thought hard about what to add to this list and why.

My biggest goal is to attend medical school and become an OBGYN. I’ve never aspired to live the 9 to 5 lifestyle. It took me a long time to search my options and to settle on a career path that felt right for me. I love the idea of helping new parents bring a new life into the world.

In addition to my long term goal of becoming an OBGYN, I also aspire to travel to Italy. I come from an extremely small town, so small that Magnolia seems relatively big to me. Plus, I have never been able to experience a culture different than the one I am used to. Through researching other countries I found Italy and decided that I wanted to experience what it had to offer.

Even though life can be extremely wild and many hardships may come my way, I know that I can always find inspiration through my goals.

1 comment:

  1. As Isaiah 41:10 speaks about, the Lord is with His servants; fear not the hardships when they come. All the best with your goals!

    ReplyDelete