SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and recently retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Saturday, December 3, 2022

Bucket List: Rachel Kelley

 A bucket list, something I fondly remember thinking about often as a kid but now I barely know where to start. When I was little these lists were of course filled with ridiculous, imaginary goals. “Have a pet dragon” was always at the top and “live in a castle” wasn’t far behind, and if I’m being honest those are goals that will always stay on my list because don’t we all deserve to keep a little whimsy in our lives? Plus, who knows, maybe in the future scientists will “Jurassic Park” up some flying lizards; I think that’d be close enough for me.


Realistically though, I want to live far off in Montana, or in a big city to the East--maybe Florida. I know, those are two very different and far apart places but I’d like to keep my list a little flexible! Montana would suit me, with its beautiful mountain regions, but Florida is better located for the work I want to do. 

I mean, you don’t really hear about games or movies being made in the Upper Midwest. Any sort of house would be good with me, so long as it can handle me and some cats because I definitely am taking some feline buddies with me where ever I go.


Aside from that I really would love to travel. Since I was young, I loved the idea of going to Europe and seeing the sites. Visiting the north--Denmark, Norway, Sweden--to explore those mountains and coasts before making my way down towards countries like France, Italy or over to Ireland. That’s where my family is from and it would be amazing to connect with the culture there. Overall, I just want to make my life enjoyable no matter what happens or where it takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment