SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and recently retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Saturday, December 3, 2022

Bucket List: Emma Melvin

 

While there are an infinite number of things I would like to do in my life, for a bucket list I want it to be realistic. I want to be able to complete it one day and have something to look forward to.  

Starting off I want to complete college and find a decent job, a basic one but still something decently hard to complete without effort. Having that stability will help me complete the other things on my list. 

Next is to build a house, a big thing but it is something important to me. I guess going along with the boring adult stuff, marriage is also on the list. But so far that’s just basic things almost everyone wants. 

One thing I really want to do is spend a night somewhere far out and just watch the stars. That’s my version of appreciating nature without having to go out into the woods or something.  

Back to boring stuff, I would like to go beyond in my field and be a creative director. My forte is coming up with creative ideas so I would love to be the one who dictates the goal instead of the one who just executes someone else's ideas. 

There probably more little trivial things I would like to do but these are the big ones. They would have the largest impact on my life and that is why they are here. I would rather achieve the things I want the most than something similar but not quite what would make me the happiest

No comments:

Post a Comment