SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Monday, December 12, 2022

Bucket List: Monet Coppersmith

 I have many things on my forever-growing bucket list, but here are some main ones:
Travel-
I want to continue to travel and visit as many places as possible. My main areas of interest are
Greece, Japan, Scotland, Egypt and Antarctica. However, I do not only want to see the world,
but leave a positive impact everywhere I go, whether this is through my art, service work or
connecting with the people living there.


Impact:
As I mentioned before, I want to leave a large positive mark before I pass on. I would be
content with my life knowing I made people's lives easier and happier, including my own. It
starts with small actions, such as giving a dollar or holding the door, but the goal is for it to
transform into larger ones, such as curing a disease or improving the realities of equality. I want to
be known and remembered for something good.


Feeling content/happy:
This last one may seem more like an ideology than a bucket list item, but for me it is something
to chase after and accomplish. True happiness comes with being content no matter your
circumstances. I aspire to get to this point, along with completing my dreams and goals. I will be
satisfied when they are completed, which is why my final bucket list item is to complete a bucket
list.

No comments:

Post a Comment