SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and is retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Monday, December 5, 2022

Bucket List: Jade Dillard

 

Before I “kick the bucket,” I would like to do several things. Most of these things are not exactly “thrill-seeking” in a way that’s traditional. I have anxiety, so pretty much everything is thrill-seeking. Ha ha.
• First, I would like to go abroad for a year or two (or forever) to New Zealand or Japan. I enjoy learning new languages and their culture.
• Going to Japan to visit, even, would be exciting. I’ve been learning Japanese for nearly a decade now.
• Adopt another cat or a dog. One that doesn’t shed or isn’t very hyperactive.
• Go on a cross-country trip with some of my friends. See the Grand Canyon and Pike’s Peak. Get another one of those mountain donuts.
• Hike a good percentage of the trails in Arkansas.
• Go to a huge convention (i.e., TwitchCon or VidCon).
• Graduate college as one of the top students in my class.
• Buy a house (and a Queen-sized bed to go in it).
• PORCH SWING to also go to the house.
• Travel in a hot air balloon, preferably not alone with the person guiding it.
• See Car Seat Headrest, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Cheekface live at a concert.
• Start my own graphic design business and have several businesses.
• Intern below a local graphic designer.
• Go to a psychiatrist and get diagnosed, so I can finally be at peace with my disorders.
• Find somebody to marry, or at least to live with. Marriage is optional.
• Build a greenhouse and maintain plants.
• Find a personal trainer to help me reach my health goals.
• Overall, just become a healthier person despite the plethora of disorders and disabilities holding me back. It’s one of my biggest wants in life.
• Sell my own designs in the form of stickers, posters, or decals. Any of that would be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment