SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and recently retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Weaver, Shelby: Bucket List


I have never written my bucket list down, it has always been a thought that I occasionally have every time I add to it. The list that is ever evolving in my head has never had any real order to it either, but I have always had one item that I always think about so I guess it has priority over the other items. It will probably take me a lifetime to accomplish it but before it kick the bucket I hope to rodeo in all fifty states. Although I am not sure if they have any in Alaska, I certainly have not heard of any but maybe that will change by the time I get there. I do know they have rodeos in Hawaii, I just haven’t figured out how to come up with the money to get my horse there. But I am well on my way to this goal and SAU has been a big part of helping me get closer. Which is a reason why I chose to come here to SAU. I knew that I would get to rodeo in Arkansas, of course, Missouri, Tennessee, Kentucky, Alabama, and Mississippi for my college rodeos. Last year was my first time to rodeo in all those state and I loved every second of it. Before I came to college I competed a lot in Oklahoma being my home state, twice in Texas and three times in Wyoming. So at the age of 19 I only have 41 states left to go. And I can’t wait to see what the future holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment