SAU Honors College

The SAU Honors College was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Rankin, president of SAU. Dr. Lynne Belcher served as founding director and recently retired from SAU. The Honors College seeks and admits qualified students who seek to pursue a serious academic program with equally gifted peers and committed teachers. Honors classes are small and provide academically enriching opportunities for students and the faculty who teach them. Currently, SAU enrolls nearly 170 honors students and graduates about 66% of admitees in four years or less. Anyone interested in applying to the Honors College or seeking further information should contact the director, Dr. Edward P. Kardas at epkardas@saumag.edu or at 870 904-8897.

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Hansen, Kelsey: Bucket List


            I’ve always had big dreams for myself as a child.  Although most people may have a bucket list comprised of jumping off cliffs, sky diving, or traveling to far off places, my bucket list has more practical items to scratch off.  Marrying the man of dreams and building my own two-story house with a wrap-around porch are just a couple of examples.  However, getting through pharmacy school at UAMS to become a pharmacist is at ultimately at the top of my bucket list.
            Being a pharmacist has been my dream since I was twelve years old.  Each and every day, I strive to succeed and always do my best.  After becoming a pharmacist, I hope to marry the man of my dreams and have two to four children.  As I previously stated, you can see that my bucket list isn’t all that adventurous.  The only adventure I would like to take is to visit Hawaii.  I have always dreamed of visiting Hawaii because of its stunning beauty.  A few items on my bucket list that I have been able to mark off in the past year are getting a tattoo and getting the cartilage on my ear pierced.  A few other items on my list include meeting John Cena, attending a Taylor Swift concert, and owning a beach house in Florida. 
            Most of the items on my bucket list are more goal oriented than extreme death-defying acts, because I am not a risk taker by any means.  Even though my bucket list is a little unorthodox when compared to “normal” bucket lists, each of these hold a special place in my heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment